Thursday, July 31, 2008

Well....we went to the Maple Ridge SPCA today....we were recommended by the "Cross Our Paws" people. There is a lovely German Shorthaired Pointer there....and she has been placed 3 times...poor thing.

She has been returned because of separation anxiety....she does not like to be left alone. She was wonderful. We took her for a walk and played in the park with her. Iain LOVES her, and she is wonderful. Chris and Sherry and most likely Doug are going to go see her tomorrow morning (with Iain). I want her...BUT....I don't know if I am ready. I am nervous you know??...I like things the way they are, and with getting a dog, it is one more life I am responsible for. Sure Chris can take her for her power runs in the daytime, and we could do the walks in the evening...but I get home late enough as it is....sooooo I am not too sure. I think I am just scared or something....not sure, but we will see what Chris and his parents think.

It was funny because I was saying things like: It would be perfect to get her now because I will be off for 2 week and could really spend time with her...BUT we are going away the next week so the is just not fair"....and they (Doug and Sherry) would say..."Oh well you know, we could take care of her, we are usually home" Or I would say, Ya Chris leaves at 1:30 and I don't get home until 6:00 so that is a long time for her to be alone...and Sherry would say " Oh well you know, I could just keep her upstairs or leave the door open when you are gone".

Very sweet that they would like to help so much.....it does sound great....but I am still scared. Why? I dunno....not sure at all why. I do want her....but I just don't know if I am ready.

Okay...and on that note....Iain's last day of school (and last day at Kanaka Creek) was today. He did AWESOME. I really was expecting many many tears...but nope, not one...he is a bit sad...but he did really well. Alex's last day at Kid Zone is tomorrow....we shall see how that goes. After that...it will be 5 more sleeps and they are off to the big TO.

Right....that is me done...have a good night...and chat again some time soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd be nervous too, about getting a dog that so many other families have tried with. They may have had the best of intentions, too! This little guy sounds like he's going to need a lot of consistent care!

PrincessButtercup said...

Showing your nervousness makes me more aware of my nervousness about bringing a new person into this family. Right now, she's portable and self fed, self soothed and self sufficient without the help of my arms, but I am nervous about having another baby, so to you I tip my hat, because what a great momma you will be for the new little "person" you are trying to bring into you family.

Unknown said...

How's it going now with your new family member?